Sunday, April 12, 2009

Paintings: Acrylics Galore

Here are the paintings I did for Color Theory, all done in Acrylic on Bristol then mounted on Black Matte Board:


"Colors of the Wind"
Color Wheel




"Clovers"
Analogous Colors



"Untitled"

Saturation Continuum of 2 Complementary Colors




"Rose Window"
Complementary Colors Stained Glass Project





"Killers"
Discordant Colors

Process: I chose my favorite music band and
created an album cover for them using
discordant colors. It had to feature transparency
so I applied that to the sign above their silhouettes.

"Pisces: Water and Fire"
Bezold Project

Process: I came up with one design, and then
painted it with only three colors (on the left: Blue,
Dark Blue, and Light Orange) creating one image.
Then by changing out the Blue for a color relative to
the Light Orange (Orange as seen in the image on the right),
then the colors would give off a totally different
feel than the original painting.



"The Venetian"
Atmospheric Perspective with Optical Color Mixing
Process: I painted this using the pointillism,
but also optical mixing because the colors
are mixed visually rather than on the palette.
I used photo reference from the internet to
create this scene.


"?"
Random Project for 2D Design



"Windex"
High School Art IV Pop Art Project

No comments:

Post a Comment